How to Attach File in Gmail Desktop, Android Phone, iPhone and Windows Phone: Gmail is probably one the best email service that lets its user not only send or receive emails over the internet but also provides them with the endless choices to customize their Gmail account settings. But there are times when users face difficulties with their Gmail account. Once such difficulty faced by users is that they fail to understand how to attach a file in Gmail whether they are accessing their account in desktop, android phone, iPhone and windows phone.
The first thing to know about file attachment in Gmail is that the files you’re trying to send must either be in your computer device/mobile phone or in a flash drive. However, there is a catch that Gmail allows a certain file size limit that can be sent to others. If the size of the file that you’re trying to send is greater than the limit decided then the file automatically gets stored to the google drive. Follow the post to know how to attach a file in Gmail desktop, android phone, iPhone and windows phone.
How to a attach file in Gmail on a computer/desktop
Attaching a file in Gmail when that file is stored on your computer is an uphill task. All you need to do is follow the steps given below to send/attach the concerned file-
- On your computer, you need to login into your Gmail account
- Click on the “compose” button.
- Now a new message window will get open on the right-hand side of the page. Click on the pin icon to attach the files.
- Locate the file you want to upload and double-click it to attach it to the email.
- You can also an image by dragging it directly into the compose window.
- You need to note that you can only send a file within 25 MB.
How to attach a file in Gmail on android phone
In case you’re an android phone user, then first thing you must have in your phone is Gmail app. Login into your Gmail account and tap the compose option. Then tap on the attach files icon and locate the file to be uploaded. The file will now get attached to the email you’re trying to send. Make sure that the size of the file is not exceeding 25 MB otherwise that file will get uploaded to Google drive by default.
How to attach a file in Gmail on iPhone and ipad
Attaching a file in Gmail on iPhone and ipad is quite simple. All you have to do is open the Gmail app on your device and tap on the compose button to attach the file you want to send to someone. Once the file is selected, click on the send button to send that email containing the file. If the file is exceeding the limit of 25 MB then you need not worry as it will get uploaded automatically in Google drive.
How to attach file in Gmail in confidential mode
- Login into your Gmail account and click on the “compose” button.
- Now click on the “attach” files icon and choose the file to be uploaded.
- Turn on the confidential mode in the bottom right of the window.
- You need to set the expiry date and passcode to the file you’re sending in confidential mode.
- Click on the “save” button to save the changes and send the file. visit the Gmail Service Number