Unable to Change Gmail Account Profile Picture: Whenever a user sends an email through the Gmail account, a small profile picture accompanies the email. This profile picture should be smart and professional if you are sending the email to your potential employer. In case you use Gmail for then marketing purposes then your profile picture is a great platform for you to reflect your business. The overall method to change Gmail Account Profile Picture seems quite simple. However, it can be a bit tricky as well because Google keeps different profile picture for your Gmail and Google Plus account. That’s why we can see many users complaining that they are unable to change Account Profile Picture.
Whatever be the reasons, if you are also not able to change Gmail Profile Picture then this post is just for you. Here, we will list down the method to Change Gmail Profile Picture on a computer or Mobile phone.
How to change Gmail profile picture?
You can easily change the Gmail display picture or profile picture on a computer by following the steps given below:
- Log into your Gmail account using a computer.
- Click on the settings icon (gear icon) from the top right corner.
- Now, go to the “My picture” section and click on “Change Picture”.
- Choose and upload the picture you want to keep as the Gmail profile picture.
- Select the portion of the image you want to show your recipient.
- Finally, click on “Apply Changes” to save the changes.
Change Gmail Account Profile Picture on Android
If you are an android user and unable to change Gmail Account Profile Picture then you can do it by following the steps given below:
- Open Gmail app on your Android Mobile Phone
- Tap on Menu (Three horizontal bar icon) from the top left corner.
- Select your account and then tap on “My Account”.
- Now, tap on “Update Photo” followed by “Set Profile Photo”.
- Finally, you can select or take a photo for your Gmail account profile picture.
Even if you are an iPhone or iPad device user, the method to change the Gmail account profile picture through Gmail App remains the same.
How Change Gmail profile picture visibility?
Sometimes, the problem lies in the profile picture visibility and we keep on wondering why we are unable to change Gmail Account Profile Picture. Here how you can check and change the Gmail Profile picture visibility.
- Login to your Gmail account and click on settings (gear icon)
- Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Go to the “My Picture” section and choose a visibility option.
- There are two visibility options available.
- Visible to everyone: Your Gmail DP will be visible to anyone who emails you and who you email.
- Visible only to people I can chat with: Only those users will be able to check your Gmail profile picture to whom you gave permission to do so.